About Loon Lookout
** We are a family oriented multi-generational rental, and take a maximum of 6 to 8 guests of any age. Infants count as a person. NOT SUITABLE for people who want to party.
** We have a 4th sleeping area/private office space with a desk and bathroom with a shower in the boat house loft. This space, approximately 16′ x 23′, will allow a person who needs to work a few hours a day a quiet space to do so while spending time at the lake with family. Renting the boathouse loft can also provide some private space for grandparents while children and grandchildren use the main cottage, or it can be a private space for older children who want to sleep in. The boathouse loft is rented in addition to the cottage as an add-on, but is never rented separately from the main cottage. The weekly or part-week rental for the boathouse loft is $500.
The boat house loft can accommodate two or three extra people allowing Loon Lookout to sleep a maximum of 8 guests from the last week of June through mid-September. Before the last week in June and after mid-September only the main cottage is available.
WE NEVER RENT THE BOATHOUSE LOFT SEPARATE FROM THE MAIN COTTAGE. That means you can rent the main cottage for a maximum of 6 people, or add the boathouse loft for a maximum of 8 people. If you decide not to rent the boathouse loft it just remains closed while you use the main cottage.
Loon Lookout is a comfortable newly renovated three-bedroom cottage on Lake Cecebe between Burk’s Falls and Magnetawan, that is ideally suited for multi-generation family vacations. This well-equipped cottage, which is set in a grove of white birch trees, features an inspiring long south east view down Lake Cecebe between two large islands from the living area and private dock. The loan of a canoe makes exploring the lake fun. The private dock and deck/dock sitting area are great places to spend a summer day reading, talking, watching family members play in the water, or just watching the world go past.
Loon Lookout comfortably accommodates between two and a maximum of six (2 – 6) people of any age. With the boathouse loft 8 guests can be accommodated.
- Cozy, efficient layout, clean, and bright
- filtered whole cottage water system
- three small bedrooms, two with Queen beds, one with twin mattresses in a custom wooden bunk bed
- powder room next to one bedroom
- full bath with walk-in shower, sink and toilet
Loon Lookout is well equipped
- kitchen with full size fridge/freezer, microwave, oven, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster
- washer and dryer
- large assortment of dishes & utensils
- inside table seats six
- comfortable sofa, love seat, recliner and coffee table in the living room
- propane BBQ on the private deck
- chairs on the deck
- private 6′ x 32′ dock with a 6′ x 8′ ramp leading to an 8′ x 14′ floating dock
- private 9’ x 20’ dry land deck/dock along the shore with Muskoka chairs and swim ladder
- insulated and screened windows
- new propane fireplace
- ceiling fan in the living room
- baseboard heater
- skylight in kitchen and Sola-tube in powder room
- good cell phone coverage, internet with a Bell or Rogers stick or hub, get internet with a Smart phone
- 55″ flat screen TV with DVD player (no TV reception). Download movies and videos at home and play them on the TV at Loon Lookout.
- DVD player
- private fire pit near the lake
- septic system
- automatic back up generator in case of hydro outages
- circular driveway for easy vehicle entrance and departure
- parking for one boat trailer on the side of the driveway
- loan of a 16’ canoe during your stay; 6 adult life jackets, paddles, and required boating safety kit
Boat with motors can be rented on the lake, and we can provide our guests with the contact information for boat rental operators
Separate sauna with electric heater between the cottage and the lake. There is an extra charge of $60 for the use of the sauna during your stay because of high Hydro rates.
The boathouse loft (approximately 16′ x 23′) can serve as a private office for writers, composers, artists, and anyone who has to have a privacy, quiet and space to work a few hours a day while at the lake. Internet is accessible from local towers with a smart phone, hub, or stick that you bring.
There are 40 miles of navigable waterways from the Loon Lookout dock. Locks in the Village of Magnetawan give you access to Ahmic Lake.
Lake Cecebe contains small-mouth bass, pickerel (walleye), pike, and some perch.
A well behaved dog is allowed if you pick up after it, don’t let it run unsupervised, and don’t leave it alone in the cottage.
Rest and relax or be more active with swimming from the private dock, fishing, exploring the lake by canoe, walking the local paths, or maybe going down river to the Village of Magnetawan for lunch, dinner or shopping.
Only unmarked dates are available.
2023 LOON LOOKOUT RATES
- Rates inc HST
- $500 booking deposit by e transfer & $400 cleaning/damage deposit required
- You are expected to leave the cottage as clean as you find it. There is no cleaning service available.
- Check in 3:30 checkout 10:30
- NOT SUITABLE for people who want to party.
- Very good for multi-generational family groups
- A person of any age is counted as a guest including babies.
- Sheets and towels are available for $70 for 1 to 4 guests and $110 for 5 to 8 guests, if reserved ahead.
- We have recently connected to Starlink and guests have enough connectivity for basic business usage such as emails, and most web apps, but not for streaming movies and gaming.* The local library offers free use of their high speed internet.
MAY LONG WEEKEND 2023
- Two couples maximum except with special permission
- 6 people maximum
- Main cottage only – uninsulated boathouse loft is not available
- 4 nights minimum – Thursday, May 18 until Monday May 22 OR Friday, May 19 until Tuesday, May 23 – $1200/$300 per night
- 5 nights – $1450/$290/night
SUMMER SHOULDER WEEKS 2023
- Saturday, June 10 until Saturday, June 17 AND Saturday, June 17 until Saturday June 24, 2022
- Weekly only — $2,265 for the main cottage only and $2765 with the main cottage and the uninsulated boathouse loft
- The charge is $500 extra for the uninsulated Loon Lookout Boathouse Loft
SUMMER LOW SEASON WEEK 2023
- Saturday June 24 until Saturday July 1
- Weekly only – $2,375 main cottage only. Maximum 6 guests
- Main cottage and with uninsulated boathouse loft $2875 Maximum 8 guests.
HIGH SEASON 2023
- Saturday, July 1 until Saturday, August 26, 2022
- Weekly Only – $2,540 (Saturday to Saturday) for the main cottage only. Maximum 6 guests.
- With the Loon Lookout uninsulated boathouse loft AND the main cottage – $3040 Maximum 8 guests.
LATE SUMMER WEEK 2023
- Saturday, August 26 until Saturday, September 2, 2021
- Weekly only — $2,265 (Saturday to Saturday) for the main cottage only. Maximum 6 guests.
- $500 extra for Loon Boathouse Loft so $2765 for the main cottage and the boathouse loft
LABOR DAY WEEK 2023
- Saturday, September 2 until Saturday, September 9, 2022
- Weekly Only – $2,265 (Saturday to Saturday) for the main cottage only. Maximum 6 guests.
- NO LONG WEEKEND RENTALS
- $500 extra for Loon Boathouse Loft, so $2765 for the main cottage and the boathouse loft. Maximum 8 guests.
FALL LOW SEASON 2023
The uninsulated boathouse loft is available until Saturday, September 16, but not after. Thus, 6 guests maximum after the afternoon of Saturday, September 16th
- Saturday, September 9 until September 23
- Weekly – $2050- $292.86/night — including Fall Color weeks
- Weekly rentals preferred
- $320 per night main cottage only – 4 night minimum rental – 6 guests maximum.
- The boathouse loft is an $500 extra per stay.
Minimum Fall Low Season stay is 4 nights
The uninsulated boathouse loft is available until September 16 but not after – Max 6 people as of the afternoon of September 16th
LATE FALL LOW SEASON 2023
- Boathouse loft unavailable – Maximum 6 guests
- 2 couples maximum except with permission
- Saturday, September 23 until Monday, October 9 – $295 per night
- Weekly – $1835 (Saturday to Saturday) $262.14/night
LATE FALL LOW SEASON 2022
- Saturday, September 25 until Tuesday, October 10 – $270 per night
- Weekly -$1695 (Saturday to Saturday)
The fall leaf color is usually very beautiful between Sept. 20 and early Oct.
Minimum Late Fall Low Season stay is 4 nights
** If you see a part week on the availability calendar please ask. We will consider stays with a minimum of 4 nights in June, September and October.