About Island View House
Island View House is an architect designed lakefront home on Lake Cecebe that is loaded with amenities. The house faces south east providing a long view down the lake between Gordon and Watson Islands. Pine doors and accents throughout the house add to its lake charm. The large deck of Island View House is a great place to see without being seen, sunbathe, relax, eat outside, or BBQ. Island View House can comfortably accommodate up to eight (8) guests.
Inside, six skylights, ample windows, and an open living room/dining room/kitchen design give the home a light open feeling as well as privacy. An attached pine paneled porch with screens plus easily stackable vinyl panel windows and door provides an added view of the lake as well as another dining area or place to play games after a day on the water.
Hickory hardwood floors in the main living area add style and the leather sofa, stylish recliner chairs, and cushioned window seat add comfort and room for everyone. At over 2,500 square feet Island View House is comfortable for 2 to 8 people.
Island View House is fully air conditioned, the main floor laundry room has a full size washer and dryer, and the wood burning fireplace in the living room adds evening relaxation. A 40” HD TV (satellite connection) and DVD player are also included. Bring your own Bell or Rogers stick or hub, or a Smartphone, for internet connections. There is also good Rogers and Bell cell phone reception, so a Smartphone can be used as a hotspot. No modem is provided. The public library in Magnetawan (an 8 minute drive away) provides free high speed internet and your hosts can give you the password. The library has limited hours, but wifi can be accessed from a picnic table outside the library or from your vehicle in the parking area.
Two powder rooms and two bathrooms make sure there is never a line up. A Jacuzzi tub in the upstairs bathroom provides a great place for relaxation and a Foosball table in the loft area appeals to kids of all ages.
The path to the shore has a gentle slope and there are four Muskoka chairs for use on the private double dock. Many evenings loons treat guests to a chorus of calls, sometimes fish can be seen jumping in the lake, and most nights the sunsets and stars are beautiful from the dock.
Both the deck and dock are ideal for sunbathing, watching the world go by, a morning cup of coffee or an evening glass of wine or beer. The private 28’ x 8’ dock is stable and has a ladder that allows easy access to the lake for swimming. There is also a 14′ x 10′ dock attached to the main dock to provide more sitting and walking space on the water.
Large deck with BBQ, tables and chairs faces the lake.
A cement ramp, leading to the back door where cars are parked, and wide main floor doorways make Island View House accessible for people with mobility issues. The main floor bedroom with ensuite and the queen sofa bed in the study mean that you would never have to go upstairs to enjoy this luxury home.
Forty miles of navigable waterways stretch from Island View House dock, making it a great base for boating and fishing. There are always fishermen on Lake Cecebe which contains Walleye, Northern Pike, Yellow Perch and Smallmouth Bass.
Open concept kitchen, dining area and living room with a wood burning fireplace.
A loan of a 16’6” Langford Prospector canoe comes with Island View House. – Boats with motors can be rented on the lake and there are boat launches if you have your own boat.
Come listen to the loons, relax and enjoy the good life at the lake!
- 4 separate sleeping areas – 2 bedrooms (queen – ensuite with shower; two twins – with attached powder room)
- Loft with queen sofa bed and privacy doors
- Study with queen sofa bed
- Island View House can comfortably accommodate up to eight (8) people
- 1-4 piece bathroom with Jacuzzi tub/shower upstairs
- 1-3 piece bathroom with walk-in shower (off the main floor primary bedroom)
- 2 powder rooms (in the entrance area and upstairs)
- Blankets, quilts and pillows
- Large microwave
- Well equipped kitchen area and dining table that seats 8 comfortable.
- Large bottom freezer refrigerator
- Separate stand up freezer in the pantry
- Wood burning fireplace
- Convenient kitchen-island stove
- Cell phone reception
- Internet when you bring your own SmartPhone, stick or hub.
- Central vac
- Central air conditioning and furnace
- 40″ HD TV in the study, DVD player
- Deck (16’ x 28’)
- Propane Weber BBQ
- Outdoor furniture for the deck and dock
- Private dock (28’ x 8’) plus 10′ x 14′ dock attached to the main dock
- Swim ladder
- Loan of a 16′ Langford Prospector canoe
- Life jackets (some, all adult sizes)
- Water comes from a drilled well with a whole house water filter and is safe to drink
- Automatic backup generator in case of hydro outages
- Good privacy
- Marina boat launch on the lake, public boat launch down the river, sand boat launch at Rockwynn Landing
NOTE: Island View House is situated on a large lot which is 400’ deep and 100’ wide. Owners will occasionally use the separate dock and pathway on the western most 10’ of the lot. Owners will park one or more vehicles at the back of the deep lot, but will not disturb guests as they pass Island View House. The owners’ vehicles will be parked well behind the garage and cannot be seen from inside Island View House, the deck, or the front area between the house and the lake, ensuring privacy for renters.
Availability CalendarOnly unmarked dates are available.
Renting Island View House
Island View House is available for weekly rental from mid-June through late September. Four–night minimum rentals are welcome in late September.
NOT SUITABLE for people who want to party.
Full week (7 night) stays required in late June, July, August and early September.
Sheets and towels available for an additional $70 per week/stay for 1-4 people and $110 per week/stay for 5-8 people with prior arrangement
$500 non-refundable booking deposit required.
$400 cleaning/damage deposit required, but assuming that you leave the cottage as you find it, the full $400 will be returned. There is no cleaning service available.
*We have recently connected to Starlink and guests have enough connectivity for basic business usage such as emails, and most web apps, but not for streaming movies and gaming.* The local library offers free use of their high speed internet. *
The fall leaf colour is usually very beautiful between about September 20 and early October.
All rates include HST
SUMMER SHOULDER WEEKS 2024
- Saturday, June 8 until Saturday, June 15 AND Saturday, June 15 until Saturday, June 22
- Weekly Only — $2,685
HIGH SEASON 2024
- Saturday, June 22 until Saturday, August 24
- Weekly Only – $3,590 (Saturday to Saturday)
Repeat guests – $3,175
Please ask about rates for stays of two or more consecutive weeks.
LATE AUGUST and LABOR DAY WEEK 2024
- Saturday, August 24 until Saturday, August 31 AND Labor Day Week, Saturday, August 31 until Saturday, September 7
- Weekly Only – $2,970 (Saturday to Saturday)
- NO LONG WEEKEND RENTALS
FALL LOW SEASON 2024
- Saturday, September 7 – 14, September 14 – 21, September 21 – 28
- Weekly – $2,685
- 4 night minimum stay – $445 per night
Minimum Low Season stay is 4 nights. Fall leaf colour is usually very beautiful between September 20 into early October.
**If you see a part week on the availability calendar please ask. The municipal Short Term Rental bylaw now requires us to rent for a minimum of 7 nights.